I had a dream last night. I was dying. I don't know what the cause was. As I slipped away, with Matt by my side, all I could feel was pain for having to leave him behind. Leaving him alone. It broke my heart,watching him trying to come to terms with it right there in front of my fading face. I kept repeating how much I loved him over and over, and over, and over - and the sound of my voice and his sobs were the last things I heard; and - there was a long, flat droning beep whirring somewhere in the foggy background of my hearing. As these tones gently ebbed away, I felt the tears in my eyes lose sting and release as my eyelids willed to close one last time. The sensation of Matt's fingers knotted between mine became numb.
I felt everything get darker and brighter all at once, and I knew it was over. Everything just stopped.
I woke up. Smiling, crying with happy tears. Why? Because what I've written and shared here is only the heartbreaking beginning of a happy ending - and it has moved me so deeply that I will reserve this story, and tell the world about it in a novel. Hopefully, a best-seller.
Would anyone buy it?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment <3